Friday, September 10, 2010

In The Mood!




I really want to create....I really want to be inspired....take long, quiet walks, sip tea (OK..a latte)...and journal and read poetry....and then....in a dream like state create! Lately I have felt so busy....trying to complete tedious unfinished projects..trying to find OLD negatives....dealing with business issues...I really feel like I have lost touch with my other worldly state...that I need to be in to create.

Drowning in the mundane.....

Well, at least I accomplished a lot today..and feel good about that...I cleaned and organized (a teeny tiny bit)....and finished some projects...that had many details...to tie up.....


My old hen Dexter and I have been spending quality time together.....after lunch, I take her out of her pen for a dirt bath..she loves to roll in the dirt and fluff it all through her feathers....I spend this time.....reading.....I love to read...but do so little of it these days.....Lately I have been reading Trollope..and am thrilled with it.. He is not Jane Austen...but for a man, he is close to Jane Austen...he is witty and really has incredible female characters.....strong and independent.....If you like Jane Austen..I think you will love him. I found a few small Out of Print volumes at our microscopic small town library...They weren't even in the computer...still had cards in the pockets...to stamp the due date on....A local literary family (a rare thing around here I imagine) donated the books to the library..and I am the first one to check them out...they were all but forgotten...


Slowly finishing the first volume....

Well, I have the day to myself tomorrow..and with the house clean...I might feel the space and slowness to create.....I hope so!! I hope you all can create something beautiful tomorrow....even if it just finding time to read a book..

No comments:

Post a Comment